Factual provides the world with the best location-based data. We are looking for a brilliant, experienced attorney to join our team. As our Corporate Counsel, you will handle commercial transactions for a fast-paced, growing business. You should be comfortable working with cross-functional sales teams and have the ability to manage a wide range of projects. Our environment fosters out of the box thinking and you are sure to be intellectually challenged every day.
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating and advising on a variety of transactions (both inbound and outbound) including licensing of data, APIs, SDKs, client-side software and SaaS services.
- Identifying legal and regulatory issues in product initiatives and customer agreements, including privacy and data security issues, and working with the appropriate resources to create solutions and minimize risk.
- Tracking and managing existing contract expirations, renewals, non-renewals, extensions and amendments.
- Engaging strategically in risk assessment and mitigation and developing innovative approaches to legal issues in support of business objectives.
- Providing practical, creative legal advice in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- Working closely with the teams charged with generating business and proactively establishing relationships with other departments including Marketing, Finance, Product and Engineering.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in commercial transactions, particularly in the advertising technology space.
- Experience with issues arising in online advertising and data businesses, including data privacy, protection and retention, cross-border transfers, information security, intellectual property rights and indemnities.
- Admitted to the California state bar.
- In-house experience is a strong plus.