JAPAC Managing Director
Factual’s mission is to make data accessible to everyone. We believe that high quality, accurate data should be accessible to every developer, entrepreneur, business, and organization. To make this goal a reality, we end up taking on unusual problems with small, focused teams made up of highly motivated people.
We are looking for an experienced digital executive and leader to build and lead our operations in Japan and Asia-Pacific (JAPAC). Having expanded to Europe in 2017, unprecedented customer demand means that we need to quickly execute a regional sales plan in JAPAN in 2018. The ideal candidate has set up and run regional operations for a high-growth US-based technology company in previous roles, is passionate about the region and looking to quickly build and execute to support the company’s growth objectives.
This position is based in Singapore, with frequent regional and International travel.
- Lead the development and execution of the JAPAC commercial plan. Recruit and build the necessary team to achieve this objective.
- Prioritize and lead entry into new markets within the region.
- Expand global relationships with key Agencies, Agency Trading Desk and DSPs with local subsidiaries, as well as develop local partnerships with key regional players.
- Build non-advertising revenue streams through Data-as-a-Service partnerships with consumer-facing digital companies and data and analytics teams of leading enterprises.
- Monitor and successfully lead customer acquisition and retention with the core goal of exceeding quarterly sales and revenue targets.
- Build a capable, ambitious, passionate and results-focused Sales and Account Management organization across the region. Train, coach, develop and motivate the workforce to cultivate high organizational performance. Provide inspirational leadership and business coaching to in-country teams.
- Partner with the various Factual functional leaders and stakeholders to understand proposed programs and business requirements that will help to build the region. Implement identified programs.
- Partner with the Product and Engineering teams to build a product offering relevant to the JAPAC markets.
- Provide thought leadership to industry stakeholders. Increase Factual’s visibility within the external marketplace
- Proven success over 10-15 years + in developing JAPAC operations for global technology organizations focused on digital marketing and/or data development and monetization.
- Strong leadership and people skills. Track record in building and developing successful teams.
- Highly regarded Executive within the digital advertising economy in the region, with significant relationships in the advertising agency ecosystem.
- On-the-ground experience in South-East Asia, India, Australia and New Zealand and Japan. Experience with China and Korea is preferred, but not required.
- A good understanding of mobile advertising, programmatic media buying, data and enterprise customer relationships.
- High growth experience.
- Commercial and sales mentality.
- Excellent knowledge of the region. Fluent in English.
- Strong analytic skills and complex business problems
- Excellent communication skills for both internal and external teams
- Highly organized with keen attention to details.
- Problem-solving skills, self-motivated and capable of working under pressure and meet deadlines.
- BA or BS required, MBA degree or higher in relevant field preferred.
- A bias towards action and the ability to work well in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial start-up environment.