Director, Business Development- AdTech (NY/SF/LA)
Factual is seeking an ambitious, self-motivated Director of Business Development intrigued by the location data world to join our team. In this role, you will be focused upon establishing new partnerships with the some of the world’s largest Advertising Technology properties including, but not limited to, Demand-Side Platforms, Media Owners, Publishers, App Developers, Measurement and Analytics Platforms, and Agency Holding Companies.
The ideal candidate will possess an entrepreneurial spirit, with a love for prospecting new business and finding ways to help companies in the advertising and marketing space reach their business objectives through Factual products and solutions. Ability to stay abreast of market conditions, listen carefully to partner needs and propose relevant solutions is essential. Candidates must also excel at working cross-functionally to contribute to strategic planning and process improvement initiatives.
What you'll do:
- Develops and execute strategies to grow and secure new partnerships within the Advertising Technology Marketplace to extend the distribution of Factual technology across a range of Marketers, Platforms, and Publishers.
Acquire new clients via cold calls, networking, and events attendance.
- Willingness to travel nationally.
- Exceed revenue expectations each quarter.
- Work closely with product, marketing, and revenue teams to continuously optimize efforts related to company-wide goals.
- Engage in the day-to-day communications with both clients and the internal teams.
- Look for opportunities to help grow the business through product innovation and customer needs.
- Use problem-solving and analytical skills to determine how to maintain client satisfaction and deliver results.
- Work with product team and demand team to monitor the performance of clients.
- Represent the needs of top partners within the organization, and escalate issues and requests as needed.
- Analyze partner metrics to identify trends and issues, and develop recommendations to help optimize social sharing and revenue generation results.
- Evangelize Factual in the marketplace, and the overall importance of locational context as a key component in strategy.
- 5-8+ years of experience in Mobile, Internet and/or Data business development, with a track record of achieving distribution results with leading publishers & platforms (that monetize chiefly through ad sales) and Ad Technology companies.
- Deep understanding of Mobile and Online (emphasis on Mobile) ad technology ecosystem, interconnectedness of DSPs, SSP, Agency, and Publisher.
- Experience negotiating terms and managing contractual process.
- Familiar with the data-as-a-service industry.
- Experience promoting and leveraging APIs as a primary means of technical integration for large and scalable partnerships on both a strategic and tactical level.
- High level of motivation in reaching aggressive targets while also ensuring that the needs of partners are always kept as the top priority.
- Excellent presentation skills, with experience pitching both in person and over the phone.
- Strong passion for mobile, location and frictionless enhancement to user experience of and consumer technology.
- BA/BS or equivalent required, MBA or relevant experience preferred.