Analytics and Insights Product Marketing Manager
Factual’s mission is to make data accessible to everyone. We believe that high quality, accurate data should be accessible to every developer, entrepreneur, business, and organization. To make this goal a reality, we end up taking on unusual problems with small, focused teams made up of highly motivated people. We are actively seeking a marketing manager to focus on data analytics products and to be an internal and external advocate for Factual’s data.
Reporting to the Director of Product Marketing, you will lead the development, implementation, and management of go-to-marketing strategies of our new data product(s), build and publish insights derived from our datasets. You will work closely with the product team to ensure that we are bringing the right features to market, with the sales and sales engineering teams to ensure successful selling, and with PR/content marketing teams to promote insights from our data.
- Analytical and data driven - love numbers and have experience working with large datasets and analytics products
- A great communicator - can appeal to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Creative - constantly coming up with new ideas
Roles and Responsibilities:
Manage Factual’s products for analytics
- Work with product management and engineering teams to turn market needs into products, including: market research, competitive research, pricing, product evaluations, product positioning statements, webpages, etc.
- Own and execute the go-to-market strategies
Create and publish insights based on Factual data
- Pull data and build meaningful insights for marketing and sales teams
- Author technical articles, blogs, white papers, customer success stories, presentations and other content
- Work with our PR team and agency to proactively pitch and deliver stories around insights derived from our datasets
- Perform sales enablement, from evaluation stage to post sales.
- Provide training and collateral to support sales teams to achieve revenue goals.
- Work cross-functionally with other internal teams (sales engineering, partner services, content marketing, legal, etc.) as needed
- 3-5+ years in data analytics, or product management/product marketing for analytics and data products
- Experience working with large datasets and/or analytics products
- BA/BS degree or equivalent from a reputable university
- A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility and success
- Proficient written skills, specifically technical articles, blogs, whitepapers, etc.
- Able to connect with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Bias for action and ability to thrive in a dynamic startup environment
Nice to haves:
- Engineering, Math, Finance or MBA background
- Location and geo-technological experience
- You have experience working with databases, coding, or high willingness to learn
- You have experience working with enterprise sales teams