If you’re in the Bay Area, love data, and love to hack, be sure to join us at AngelHack this weekend. There’s nothing better for burning off all those added Thanksgiving Day pounds than hacking with new friends for 24 hours straight. As an added bonus, we will be giving away $500 in Amazon gift cards to the team with the best integration of Factual APIs or data.
When: December 3-4, 2011
Where: Adobe, 601 Townsend Street, San Francisco, CA 94103
- Team and team members must be registered participants at AngelHack 2011
- Your project must make use of Factual APIs or Factual data
The winning team will be awarded $500 in Amazon gift cards to be shared among team members.
We will judge entries based on the following criteria
- Maturity of prototype (we will judge a functional prototype higher than a slide deck)
- A few things we’re looking for: crowdsourcing, data visualization, data aggregation (combining several sources into a single dataset), creation of valuable new datasets or adding value to existing ones
Got questions? Check out our API docs. Technical questions can be directed to our developer group.
Getting Started with Factual
- Take a look at our US Places and US Restaurants (Beta) datasets.
- Visit Factual's API docs to get acquainted with our API.
- Explore our other APIs: Crosswalk, Crossref, and Resolve.
- Obtain a developer key (John from Factual will be present all weekend to support and issue additional developer keys).