Factual is thrilled to announce that our Audience Targeting, Measurement and Insights products are now available in Europe. These offerings will empower leading enterprises and marketers in Europe to better understand, reach, engage and delight consumers with access to Factual’s high-quality, location data-driven products and insights. We are also pleased to share that we’ve appointed Ross Webster as Managing Director, Europe, to lead Factual’s continued growth in the region.
We have been eagerly awaiting this moment for some time. As we shared last year, Factual paused the collection of mobile device data in Europe in early 2018. At the time, we determined that historical data sourcing methods industry-wide were not yet aligned to meet the criteria outlined within the GDPR. Ours was the conservative, responsible approach, in line with how we have always operated as a business worldwide. We care deeply about protecting consumer privacy and strive to preserve the trust our partners and customers have placed in us, and temporarily pausing our product availability was the right thing to do.
Over the past year, Factual has implemented systems and processes to reintroduce these products under the GDPR. We are now working with a select group of data suppliers, having vetted their compliance systems and processes to verify suppliers are providing data with needed consents from consumers. Factual is building a scalable, responsibly sourced pool of available data in order to provide its device data-based product suite in Europe in accordance with its privacy-focused approach.
Factual’s products are being introduced in Europe with a number of new updates:
- Factual Audience Targeting, which enables marketers to construct highly customizable, scalable and accurate audience segments designed for ROI, launches with updates including:
- More than 100 new, off-the-shelf audiences built into a standard taxonomy, in every vertical including QSR, retail, auto and entertainment
- A redesigned, intuitive user interface for advertisers to design and implement highly customized audiences based on mobile users’ real-world behavior, as well as their proximity to a point of interest
- New urban density filters that allow buyers to easily adjust a targeting segment based on whether locations are in an urban, suburban or rural environment
- Factual Measurement, used by marketers to measure and optimize marketing campaigns and investments across channels including mobile, advanced TV, out-of-home and more, with in-store visitation data and actionable campaign insights, sees updates including:
- New data accessibility and integration within market leading platforms across the adtech ecosystem
- Advanced fields, including dwell time and distance from significant locations
- Factual Insights, which helps enterprises and marketers make data-driven decisions by using location data and real-world behavior patterns to understand customer intent, now offers:
- Robust custom reporting including insights about an audience’s chain and category affinities, behavioral patterns and path to purchase
These newly reintroduced products join Factual’s suite of products that have remained available in Europe, including Proximity Targeting, Location Engine and Places.
To drive Factual’s continued growth across Europe, Factual has appointed Ross Webster as Managing Director, Europe. Webster joins Factual from IBM Watson Advertising (formerly The Weather Company), where he spent nearly 10 years building revenue and partnerships as the Managing Director and VP of EMEA. Following IBM’s acquisition of Weather in 2016, Webster served as the Head of EMEA Data Partnerships for Watson Advertising.
“Ross Webster’s experience leading data-driven partnerships with large European enterprises, combined with his depth of knowledge about media, advertising and the data required to power these industries, makes him the ideal person to lead Factual in EMEA as we bring our expanded products to market. Factual’s long-standing commitment to quality, respect and compliance, and our global partners and customers, position us perfectly to deliver the best, most reliable location-based products in Europe and beyond.” – Rob Jonas, Chief Revenue Officer, Factual
To learn more about how Factual’s location and device data enables the world’s leading marketers to better understand consumers, reach audiences with precision and measure campaign effectiveness, visit www.factual.com.