Finding authentic fish and chips just got a little easier. Today, we are pleased to announce that we’ve expanded our extended Restaurants data to include the United Kingdom. While our Global Places data always covered restaurants around the world, the 43 additional restaurant-specific attributes in our Restaurants data were previously only available for the 1.2 million restaurants in the US. The new UK data boasts highlights such as:
- Core data on over 239,000 restaurants, in sync with Global Places
- 43 restaurant-specific attributes, covering everything you need to know about a restaurant
- Over 87% coverage on cuisine type
- More than 56,000 restaurants offering take-away
- Over 53,000 ratings
Let’s have a look around. A search for pub grub in the greater London area returns a whopping 5,812 results, a strong assurance that you’re never too far from pot pies and brown ale. If instead you’re keen on Indian food at places noted explictly as ‘kid friendly’, you’ve got 421 choices.
Whether you’re looking for a traditional chicken tikka masala, steak and potatoes, have a penchant for pita, or a hankering for haggis, you’re sure to find something worth eating.
Explore the data yourself and get started by getting an API key or requesting a download.
– Scott Jespersen, Data Engineer