We’re proud to announce that we are sponsoring this year’s Startup Weekend San Jose. At Factual, we’re big fans of Startup Weekend and their mission to inspire, educate, and empower individuals, teams and communities. We also love empowering developers to do amazing things with data faster and easier than ever before.
To help one lucky team achieve their startup dreams, we will be awarding Free Accelerated Access to the Factual API for one year, plus $500 in Amazon Gift Cards to the Startup Weekend San Jose team that makes best use of the Factual API.
What: Startup Weekend San Jose
When: January 27 – 29, 2012
Where: 2903 Bunker Hill Ln., Santa Clara, CA, 95054
- Team and team members must be registered participants at Startup Weekend San Jose, January 27 – 29, 2012
- Your project must make use of the Factual API.
The winning team will be awarded Free Accelerated Access to the Factual API for one year, plus $500 in Amazon gift cards to be shared among team members.
We will judge entries based on the following criteria
- Maturity of prototype (we will judge a functional prototype higher than a slide deck)
Got questions? Check out our API docs. Technical questions can be directed to our developer group. For all other questions, send us an email.
Getting Started with Factual
- Take a look at our US Places and US Restaurants datasets.
- Visit Factual’s API docs to get acquainted with our API.
- Explore our other APIs: Crosswalk, Crossref, and Resolve.
- Obtain a developer key (John from Factual will be present all weekend to support and issue additional developer keys).