Factual is the location data company the world’s most valuable brands and technology companies trust to understand and intelligently grow their businesses. We help engineering teams, marketers and data analysts build the best digital products, deliver more impactful marketing and transform their businesses with the most accurate and comprehensive data on places and people worldwide.
We are looking for an experienced digital executive and leader to build and lead our operations in Australia. The ideal candidate has set-up and run regional operations for a high-growth US-based technology company in previous roles, is passionate about the market and looking to quickly build and execute to support the company’s growth objectives.
This position is based in Sydney, Australia with frequent regional and international travel and reports to regional leadership in Singapore.
- Lead the development and execution of the local commercial plan. Operate as the sales leader in the market, establishing a presence, building revenue and a case for continued investment.
- Build non-advertising revenue streams through data licensing partnerships with consumer-facing digital companies and data and analytics teams of leading enterprises.
- Identify and partner with local leaders in agencies and end-customers who can drive global opportunities for Factual. Partner with US-based teams to realize these opportunities.
- Expand relationships with key agencies, agency trading desks, DSPs and DMPs with local subsidiaries, as well as develop local partnerships with key regional players.
- Monitor and successfully lead customer acquisition and retention with the core goal of exceeding quarterly sales and revenue targets.
- Build a capable, ambitious and results-focused sales and account management organization across the region.
- Partner with the various Factual functional leaders and stakeholders to understand proposed programs and business requirements that will help to build the region. Implement identified programs.
- Provide thought leadership to industry stakeholders. Increase Factual’s visibility within the external marketplace through external speaking engagements and representation of the Factual brand.
- Proven success over 8-10 years+ in developing local operations for US-based, global technology organizations focused on digital marketing and/or data licensing and monetization.
- Savvy deal-maker, willing to roll-up-their-sleeves to close deals that set the direction for the team and market.
- Independent operator and self-starter. Able to execute with limited guidance when necessary.
- Strong leadership and people skills. Track record in building and developing successful teams.
- A good understanding of mobile advertising, programmatic media buying, data and enterprise customer relationships.
- High growth experience.
- Commercial and sales mentality.
- Excellent knowledge of the region.
- Strong analytic skills and complex business problems
- Excellent communication skills for both internal and external teams
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail.
- Problem-solving skills, self-motivated and capable of working under pressure and meet deadlines.
- BA or BS equivalent required, MBA degree or higher in relevant field preferred.
- A bias towards action and the ability to work well in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial start-up environment.